Friday, May 27, 2011

Divine Wine; Don't Be Fooled By The Name

I have to give credit to my father-in-law, Al for turning us on to this delicious wine. First, don't be fooled by the name, yeah I know lots of cute, cheesy labels out there, the product of marketing more than great wine making. But I actually like the name, "Cupcake Vineyards"

and their label is actually pretty sweet.

Their "Red Velvet", a blend of Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon is, for lack of a better or less fabulous word; "Decadent". This is a delicious, somewhat fruity and spicy wine with a medium body but not thick. Even a novice like myself can easily recognize the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and hints of rich mocha. It's simply delicious to drink, very clean is a word that comes to mind without being overly tannic, actually not tannic at all.

I know all this sounds a bit pretentious, but what I find so fascinating about wine tasting is you have to leave your mind behind. It's about sensation, like Buddhism, you cannot understand the idea of "non-self", thinking about it would make you crazy,lol! You simply let go and experience it...and then like magic, there it is, right in front of you!

What I also really love about this wine, you can buy it for $10-$12 dollars a bottle! Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

No comments: