Wednesday, November 9, 2011

There are Options; Which is Right For You?

3 ways to pay lower real-estate commissions - MSN Real Estate

The customer has to come first in a real estate transaction, both the buyer and the seller. When a broker aligns themselves with what is best for their clients, everyone benefits in the long run. By always putting my clients best interests first I have built up a strong 100% referral business and a very loyal following. If at anytime a client feels I am not adding any value to their transaction, I will step aside with no questions asked. And if I ever were to get a feeling their needs would be better served without my involvement, I would explain why and remove myself.

We are in the service business and a good broker will have enough business that they can focus on the ultimate needs and satisfaction of their clients even if it will cost them financially in the short term; I focus on the bigger, long term picture.

My clients are thrilled by the level of service they receive along with the rebates that maximize their purchasing power and reward them for their participation. I stress this is model is not for everybody and there are certainly many very qualified agents who provide a more traditional service model. But having choices is always good for the totality of business, always good for the consumer. The US Department of Justice agrees; they take Anti-Trust violations very seriously and have been systematically suing Multiple Listing Services around the country to compel them not to discriminate against alternative business models that benefit the consumer.

It's a big sandbox and there is room for all of us; if you are good at what you do you will succeed in this business regardless of what kind od brokerage you work for. I understand the plight of the broker in NYC with all the perks and pitfalls that it comes with, I have worked as a broker here for almost 22 years.

Happy home hunting!

No comments: